Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Stopping to Smell the Roses

The rest of Ireland was spent sightseeing.. I know I have great stories, but I can't remember them right now.. I have so much to catch everyone up on.. I am sure of that.

So Saturday, we went on another bus tour.. it was rainy... really rainy but it was still beautiful. Our bus driver this time wasn't as loopy, there wasn't any stopping for rabbits. He told us so many stories. We stopped in a town where people are sent to lean Gaelic, took pictures in a famine town, went to the Abbey... if my future husband is out there reading this (ha unlikely) but really... I would love for you to build me a big house with huge gardens in the middle of nowhere with mountains and a lake for my wedding present ... thank you very much ;) We ate a yummy lunch there and Leslie and I held up the bus last minute buying some batteries for the camera.

We made it back to town and had a fabulous night of dinner and pub crawling. We dance-partied it up and I kind of felt like I was back in college when we stopped in the pizza joint for a ginormous piece of pizza on our way home. Living the good ol' days.

Sunday, Leslie and I went to Mass at the cathedral in Galway. It was beautiful. One of the most beautiful masses that I have ever been to. It has been a little bit since I have heard mass in English. I have missed it. It took us a few attempts before finding it, believe me.. we were on a mission and mistook a few other churches for this one.. silly us.

After we bought some souvenirs.. ate at the cutest french restaurant under the stairs, drank tea (don't forget about my tea parties to come), got cupcakes, and headed to Dublin for the night. We couldn't pass up Mexican food while there and witnessed a man getting arrested for a bar fight before heading into that exact bar. The live music scene was awesome. I wanna go back.

When we got back to Sevilla, Leslie and I were on plan "See the City". We went everywhere in a matter of 3 days. She came with me to school.. everyone thought we were twins and she witnessed the Liverpool crowd, a singer came out of the woodwork in the 6th grade class, and we played school... :) it was fun.

All too quickly came friday. I didn't want her to go at all. I cried in the airport, which seems to be a trend when I am there with her. She has to pick up my pieces.. but before we know it, June will be here and I will be on a plane headed back to be with family and friends, crying tears of joy because I just love them so much. ahh, when did I become such a sap?
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the pictures. I have got to figure out how you make them look like that on your blog. Will you tutor me?!?! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look like u are having a blast!! lucky girl, u get to see the world!! jealouusss!! <3

    ReplyDelete