Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Searching for something to no avail.

It was back to the daily grind today... you know, I am actually not upset about it. I like having things to do. In my free time, I am not always sure what I should do... of course, it is always necessary to have some down time to just chill, relax, hang out, enjoy life... but you cant do that all day everyday... or in my case all day thursday at 2 until Monday at 6.

Now though, I have my books to get to studying Spanish. I am going to be a pro at it by the time I leave. People in the states will be fighting to hire me ;) ok, I wont go that far.. but really, I am going to get good.

Back on track. Last night, I probably got 4 hours of sleep. no joke. It must have been from so much sleep the night before, or the fact that I could not breathe and could not turn off the thoughts in my head.. but occasionally you will have that. So I hit the snooze button twice and finally forced myself up. I thought about calling into work sick.. i really was sick.. my body would not stop shivering.. but i don't think its because I have the flu. So I got up. If worse came to worst, I could walk home later. I had a commitment to attend to. So i walked there. I put on some Darius Rucker on my ipod and listened to his sexy voice serenade me the 20 minutes it takes to walk the precious streets of Sevilla to school. When I got there, the security guard remembered me :) and I headed on up to grade 4. I walked in to find we have another teacher, from England, here helping out for 4 weeks. Her name is Jenny and so the kids were confused for a second.. because they can't exactly pronounce my name, in which case, our names sound the same. So we did some science. All of the classes were excited to have me back and to show off their skills and chat with me. I got to the second grade.. and of course they were running late, but I didn't mind. I really like the teacher in there. She has a good heart and I think we could be friends. So I just took a seat and let them finish maths. haha i love that they add an "s" by love I mean hate.. but it is what it is. So I must have been dazing in the corner because she came up to me and was like woaaah, are you ok? you look..... tired. haha leave it to the spanish to a. point out the obvious, and b. bring to everyone's attention that you look like shit. hehe I considered going into my long winded story but instead just said yeah, I am tired. I couldn't sleep last night. Fair enough.. she was like you can leave if you want, whatever you want to do, with a big smile on her face. I like her.. but i wanted to be there. I wanted to take in some spanish. I wanted to drink up the atmosphere. So anyways.. one of the kids informed her that his green glitter pen was missing. OH. NO. so we had to search the classroom. All of the kids pencil bags, all of their bookbags, all of their pockets, and jackets. It was an ordeal. And if that green glitter pen doesn't show up... no recess for them. Talk about group punishment. poor kids.. but I totally understand where she is coming from.. so lets hope it shows up tomorrow for the kids' sakes. That took the entire time, and I was grateful, I really didn't want to do science.

I started a new tutoring job today. A friend of the kids I already tutor is now a new "client" for me. The walk was nice. It wont be when it is raining.. but that fact that todays ugliness turned into absolute beauty just turned my whole world around. You just have to love that. I had some really great inspirational thoughts as I made that walk. If you ever need to clear your head, there is nothing like getting some fresh air and moving your legs. So it went well.. another day, another day I soaked up and really paid attention to detail. Its the little things, the little details in life that make it so wonderful and amazing.

cheers as they say in the uk. cheers to the details. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment