So today, I organized my room, (sort of) had a few bites of lunch, went for a walk with Raquel to la Alameda which is a trendy up and coming part of the city. It was a gorgeous day, the sun was shining and we even sat outside in just jeans and a sweater... on January 10th, 2011. I really love the streets of Sevilla.. if I could transport them to wherever I move, I would. I just adore them. So of course, I had to say out loud... Oh my gosh, we are walking through the streets of spain, we live in spain. I took it all in. I don't want to take anything or anyone or any action or experience for granted. I am obsessed with taking it all in.. if this makes me too much, I don't care. You can get over it, because I am enjoying life, I am enjoying everything that comes my way.. because it may never come my way again... who even knows?
The sky was an insane shade of blue.. I don't know if this is due to the fact that there is such a contrast between the white and yellow buildings of Sevilla.. or if the sky just has something amazing to it here. A sort of magic? whatever it is, I'll take it and enjoy it. There weren't any clouds in the sky, the people were out, Raquel and I were sipping some cerveza and sharing a brownie. I wondered aloud what do people do all day and then we started picking people out and giving a story to them.. it was fun. I would like to do it again.
I made it back to tutoring. I thought this was going to be difficult... but you know what? it wasn't. It was amazing. It is so wonderful to see how you are helping kids to progress. I wouldn't trade it for anything. I think I came back with more vigor and eagerness to be a good tutor. The kids are darling and I hope to make an impact on them and their level of English (they still have quite a ways to go... :))
I've been keeping up with my new years resolutions. I've got 11 for 2011. They are some pretty good ones but I think I can manage it. In absolutely no particular order:
1) To be happy every day
2)To strengthen my relationship with God
3)To listen, really listen
4)To say what is on my mind
5)To learn something new every day
6)To treat others the way I want to be treated
7)Make my bed every day
8)Eat a veggie with every dinner
9)Speak more Spanish
10)Strengthen my relationships with friends and family by staying in better contact and making more of an effort
11)To drink more water every day.
if I falter, its ok. I can get right back on track. Who says if you miss one day you have to wait till the next year to start again? these are just things I want to better right now in my life. Sometimes, my list can be too long but if I write them down, they are out there and that will help me to feel more accountable about accomplishing and adding these habits into my life. Its always about improving right? We are human so there is always room for some improvement.
side note.. remember the homeless guy I was talking about in a post a little while back? well he took down his Christmas tree and today on his nightstand there were two photos in frames. One of him, just smiling, happy as can be and the other of him and his dog in his little outdoor room. It looked like he got a few gifts for Christmas too.. there was a lot more "stuff" in his room. Good for him. I am glad others are looking out for him and his dog. It makes me happy. I literally laughed out loud in a joyous manner as I walked by.
so with that... I leave you until next time. peace.
oh yeah.. funny thing. so apparently I inherited my mother's spaciness as I leave, lose, and forget things all over the place. As I was tutoring today, I took out my keys to open the boxes to the games I brought and in my head reminded myself to put my keys back in my bag so I wouldn't leave them. This thought crossed my mind twice. apparently I thought I did it and didn't. So as I get halfway home, I realize this and check my purse for them.. to no avail. So I had to turn around to go back to get them... my goodness. I swear if I would just pay attention to the details I would be so much better off.
remember your keys.. it sucks to turn around.

No comments:
Post a Comment