I am in the coolest flat in Barcelona right now, listening to the hustle below and the bells ringing to signify the quarter hour. This morning as the alarm was going off, so were the bells for the hour. The weather is cool and breezy because of the rain. My two friends are beside me, and I can not believe that this is my life! I am so so blessed!
So ill start where I left off. I boarded the plane for Madrid on Wed at 6o0pm. Spanish was everywhere, getting me pumped! I was sad saying goodbye and knowing my phone was about to be turned off for a while and nervous about this adventure, but so excited. Its a weird combination of feelings.. but I loved it. So I got on the plane, made my way to my seat, which was 3 rows from the back. I scored an aisle seat in a row of 3... note to self, always get window from now on, my neck cant take that kind of bobbing. While the couple next to me made out for most of the flight (and made me feel quite uncomfortable that I was sitting next to them) I popped in my ipod, slouched down in my seat, and used my bear for something of a pillow and settled in for the flight. I slept a few hours, but not nearly enough.
We made it to Madrid just fine! I overheard this girl talking about coming here to teach english, so naturally I said something and it turns out she is in the same program but different city. So we became friends for a second, went through customs, and then went our separate ways. We both were headed on flights to somewhere else, so I had my bags and no idea where to go. I probably did 6 laps around terminal 1 until I realized that I needed to go to terminal 2. It was a hike and the airport was hot. So I was disgustingly sweaty while I waited in line to check in for my flight to Barcelona. My spanish was rusty, but understandable and I was so happy to be speaking it again. I cant wait to keep practicing! so then I waited, and waited.... and waited some more. Fell asleep strapped to my bags a few times (my eyes wouldn't stay open) and waited.
There were some funny people in the airport. I saw some jersey shore wannabes from Europe, people with English writing on their shirts, that they could not have known they were wearing or they wouldn't be wearing, and lots of people with some great stories I am sure. 9 hours in an airport is way too long. Just fyi.
Next up: Barcelona. My friend and I had planned to meet at baggage claim. Well, that is still inside the terminal so no one can get in.. so Im just waiting on my bag praying they are waiting for me right outside the doors in arrivals. Finally collect my bag (1 bag :)) and head out... Oh no, they aren't there. Im like ok its fine. Sit down and make a plan. Right when I do this, I look up and see them! turns out they had gone to the other terminal before hand so both of us were freaking out for a hot second before it was all fine! :)
So like I said, I am staying in a friends flat in Barcelona. It is amazing. There is a chandelier above me and huge windows and sliding doors to rooms and balconies. I feel like I am in an episode of House Hunters International. It is beautiful. Megan studied here before, so last night I rallied and we went out with her friends for a little bit. It was fun. Grabbed some food at Wok to Walk ha, and then went to 2 clubs. It is different from the states, that is for sure. :)
Today we are heading out to sight see! So pictures and stories to follow.
~~Besitos

No comments:
Post a Comment