Saturday, September 18, 2010

Milk, Rum, and full of secrets

This time difference is killing me. I can't wait until I am adjusted and caught up on sleep. But I am enjoying it none-the-less.

The weather has been a bit mal and its been grey for the past couple of days and a bit on the cool side.

Friday, we decided to see some sights. We went to Sagrada Familia, which is a church that is still being built and has been since the 1800's. The details on this church are absolutely incredible! It is so intricate and so beautiful. Got some pics. We didn't go inside because it is kind of pricey and I guess its not worth it? So we walked all around it... tourist central let me tell you.

(in front of Sagrada Familia)

Next stop was the art museum. Oh. my. gosh. It is set up on a hill and you can see the entire city from the steps. It is gorgeous. I could have looked out for hours and still not have been satisfied. The rain was rolling in, which actually made the vi
ew even cooler because there were some white, whispy fall clouds with a dark backdrop. I kind of felt like I was in a painting... but I wasn't.

(view of Barcelona from Art museum)
We rode the subway, which is probably my favorite part of cities. I love the subway. It is probably the best place to people watch. There are some characters out there. And don't worry you all, I held on to my purse... I've heard the stories. I did have some rando mooch off of my subway ticket and follow too close to get in on my fare. :( puta.

Then the nightlife.. its a whole 'nother story here. They go hard or they go home. I of course do not partake in any of it. I am in bed at 9pm, tucked in snug as a bug. :)

(this is the midget door to the one bar we went into. the whole place is the width of a hallway. So small and soo cool.)

Got me some Paella yesterday. Paella is everywhere here in Spain. It is delicious. In case you don't know... it is a rice dish with a bunch of different seafood in it. You have to work for your food apparently. The crawfish and the shrimp are cooked with their bodies and eyes and tentacles and then just put on the rice. I am sure that is not really how it is done...but really, the food has eyes.

Today, the weather finally cleared up and we put on our garb and headed to the beach. I forgot sunscreen in the states, so I am going to have to give in and buy some here. I need to wait on all of that stuff for when I get to Sevilla. Weight limits on the airlines are not conducive with bottles of champu, conditioner, or sunscreen. :(

So at the beach... of course there are so many people to look at. The water is a gorgeous shade of blue. The sailboats were out. It felt good to be on a beach. My friends had warned me that I was going to see quite a few women sunbathing topless... we however, were not prepared for the sight of a fully naked man straight chillen as we got to the beach. That takes some cajones.. im just saying.

Then there was the donut man. He ran around the beach with a triangle instrument, singing a song, and balancing a tray of donuts on his head. This takes talent.

Tonight we are making dinner at home and hopefully heading out to the fountain light show. I need to take it easy, because unfortunately I am not made of Euros.

update.. we aren't making dinner at home because it is sunday and the markets are closed. :( tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment