umm, I can't.
So I am just sitting here in the airport, using the free wifi to document everything.
This morning was a crackhead of a morning. I of course left fifty million things undone before today so I was running around trying to gather everything and just saying if I forget it, whatever. I tried to check in online and there was an error... good way to start a trip right? well it was fine and luckily i only had to be on hold for like 5 seconds. I like that.
My family took me to the airport. My one bag that had to be 50lbs, was 4.5 pounds overweight so I had to do some maneuvering to get things together but I have to say that is pretty dang close and I did a good job packing. So I have one checked bag, one duffel bag, and a backpack for 9 months. Way to go Jan. (.... and then a box at home that has to be mailed when I have an address full of all the shoes i couldn't pack but NEED ... right. ha) So we all cried and said goodbye and they watched me all the way through security, and I made my way down to my gate. There were a group of students in front of me.. and wouldn't you know it. they were speaking spanish. Just to get me in the mood :)
first flight went well. I fell asleep immediately on the window, trying not to let my head bobbing cross the imaginary line into the space of my seat mate... I think I did alright.
When we landed, I trekked my way to my gate where as I was chatting with a friend and people watching... A man runs down the hall and gets pissed because his plane left, throws his bags on the ground, and starts pacing and yelling at the employee behind the counter that it was his fault the plane left. That was interesting. I got some food and here I am now. Just chillen.
I know I say this all of the time, but I really can not believe this is about to be my life. On a scale of 1-10 excitedness, I am a 13. on that same scale of nerves, I am a 10. but that is normal. I know i will do fine, I know I will love it, I know that I am going to experience things that I will never, ever forget. I am so excited as this journey begins :) Luckily, Allison gave me her book of 2,000 spanish verbs and I am going to study that like it is my job on this next flight. My spanish is quite rusty.
soooo... the next time I update this, I will be across the water and in love. I know it is going to be instantaneous.
besos, besos, besos
hasta pronto amigos

No comments:
Post a Comment