Friday, February 26, 2010

Friday Five

So I have decided to theme my days, to kind of give more purpose to my blog... of course I will throw in the random thoughts I have as well, but the theme kind of guides my thoughts and so you get a wider variety. Everyone already knows I want to do great things and save the world. So how about things you don't already know...



1. I love toothy smiles... Showing your teeth just tells the world that you are for real, there is nothing to hide.. you are happy and you want the world to know. So show those pearly whites, even if they aren't perfectly straight or you have a cute little gap in the middle. Those things add character, they make you unique and cute.



2. I am so grateful for the transportation and technology of our day. We are able to connect so much more easily with the world than our parents or grandparents. We are able to fly to all ends of the earth at a relatively inexpensive price and in a day or so. Going ten miles takes ten minutes as opposed to ten hours. We are able to see the faces of those overseas via skype conversations... which makes them seem so much closer, almost as close as being in the same room. Everyone has a cell phone and is able to be in touch with anyone and everyone at a moments notice. It just is mind-boggling to think how far we have come from primitive communication to the intricate communication system we have today.

3. On the same note, I love the days that I forget my cell phone and am able to allow myself to live freely. I feel as though many times we are too dependent on the pieces of technology that we own and become tied down by them, that we forget to enjoy the subtleties of life. As I have started to run a lot more, I totally depend on my ipod to distract me from my running. Imagine my disappointment when this morning I am prepping to run three miles on an indoor track (24 laps) and the battery is DEAD! Well my roommate and running partner told me not to worry, we can take it slow and talk the whole time. Besides you fall into a rhythm. So that is what I did, and you know what? It wasn't that bad. I didn't die without my ipod and I finished with ease. It was nice to listen to the sound of our feet hitting the ground at the same time, the sound of my breath going in and out, the way your muscles move, and the thought of what a body is actually capable of. I actually enjoyed it and felt at peace with things. (this definitely does not mean I will forget to charge my ipod for the future, but you know.. it wasn't horrible)

4. I love new clothes! (I mean what female doesn't?) Just yesterday I went to the mall with my sister and Allison. They were great helping me out and telling which jeans made my butt look nice and which ones didn't. It is really difficult shopping for jeans. I have definitely been putting it off for wayyyy too long. But I walked away last night with two new pairs of jeans and a smile on my face, knowing I would no longer be wiggling my butt and hiking up my pants to keep them from falling down. (not that that is a bad problem to have, but a problem none the less) So today I am sporting a delicious pair of new jeans and loving it.

5. I miss the sun. I am totally over winter (except for when I have the urge to drink hot tea, curled up in my down comforter, watching a movie with a candle lit, and funny socks that rise mid-calf) and ready for tank tops, shorts, and sandals. I think this happened about the same time I realized that I have not seen the sun for well over a week. That does a lot more harm than good for a person like me. I NEED THE SUN!!! It makes me happy and gives me hope that I will not be stuck in what feels like the tundra forever. So please Spring, with your delicious smells, beautiful flowers, soothing sounds, and wonderful feelings, come soon and save me from this seemingly endless winter we are having in the heart of it all. This photographer depicts it perfectly.


boarding a flight to the sunshine state very soon! :)

1 comment:

  1. loving the description "delicious jeans" and
    "except for when I have the urge to drink hot tea, curled up in my down comforter, watching a movie with a candle lit, and funny socks that rise mid-calf" these make me smile. you are decidedly cute, you know.

    ReplyDelete