Friday, December 23, 2011

Thanksgiving.. a little later than usual.

I have tried to write a new post now for months. I keep coming to this page uninspired and to be honest, a little sad. I begin a post, type out a sentence but immediately my middle finger glides over to the delete button to erase whatever it was that I had just finished typing.

Today, I feel inspired. I am not sure what it is, but I am going to give credit to The Big Man upstairs and this fabulous Christmas Spirit. I feel thankful in this moment. Thankful for the many blessings that I have received thus far in my life. I realized as I was sitting here just how many things I have been blessed to be a part of, to experience, to recognize as being beautiful. I know that life is full and I want to drink it all up. Too often, I find myself in discontent with the present only to remind myself that the present is all that I have, along with the memories of my past. I am not guaranteed a future and so I need to learn to appreciate, to live and to be happy/content in the now. I think a lot of the time, I am looking for the next big thing..and dreaming is not a bad thing, I just want to make sure that by dreaming of the future, I don't lose sight of the present.

Just in these moments, as I have been sitting here typing out this post, I have felt so at peace and extremely content with life. Sure, there are a million and one things that I would love to be doing right now, six hundred and seven places that I want to be and a few people that I want to be doing this with... but as I sit here in solidarity typing out this piece, the memories of my life thus far have made me feel full. Sometimes I am fearful of losing these memories, which only solidifies how important it is for me to continue to use this blog or a journal to write out everything. Life is a story and the story doesn't end until we do... as the caption of my blog says, I want to experience life, I don't want to merely exist.. and part of living is thanksgiving. :)

So thank you to everyone for contributing to my life. Thank you for being a part of me, my memories, the person that I am and what I do. I appreciate you, from the bottom of my heart.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment