Saturday, August 20, 2011

its worth repeating.

What?!?!... its not two weeks after my last post and I am blogging again?

I am trying out the "be a good blogger" thing again. I like it. I really did... and my dad kind of busted my nonballs this morning by literally saying, " so since you quit your blog, are you every going to print your pictures and write about your travel journey?" ok, I definitely paraphrased that but in essence he said YOU ARE A SLACKER!!! I know. I know.

so Sevilla. mi corazon. Sevilla will always have such a special place in my heart. It really is one of the most beautiful places in the world. The way the city smelled, how the jasmine drifted over the walls of the alcazar, or saturated the air in my favorite little alleyway, the oranges that fell from the trees and smooshed in the sidewalk, causing the city to smell of orange juice for at least a month.

My last couple of weeks there, I just couldn't get enough of it. I was trying so hard to convince myself that I would go back but wanting to savor it all just in case I couldn't. The air was hot and if I wasn't sweating outside, I was sticking to the red, pleather couches that occupied our living room. Sliced cucumber would be placed in my water, enticing me to drink it. (i never drink. I am horrible and probably constantly dehydrated. My poor kidneys) Raquel and I spent our time figuring out our little month stint in Italy. We made, changed, and made a million different plans but I can honestly say that I wouldn't have done it any differently.

I met with friends any time that I could to eat tapas, drink beers, play pool, or wander the city with some pistachio ice cream. I tried to organize my suitcases and get rid of the items that I could in order to carry the least amount of junk with me. Our apartment turned into chaotic organization. Kidding.. there wasn't any organization there at all. I can't wait to post these pictures, you already know how small the apartment was.. well now picture crap and clothes all over and seriously there was barely a spot for my pinky toe.

One of my favorite nights was when a boy from El Salvador, and Raquel who lived a moment in El Salvador reminisced about pupusas... and so we decided to have a DIY night. I had never heard of a pupusa and so I was so excited to experience this "phenomenon" The night was awesome. We made pupusas and took ourselves to the terrace to have a candlelight dinner and swap stories. A night of spanglish ensued under the stars and only when we were forced did we agree to say goodnight. It is nights like that that I never want to end. That my friends is something you just dont forget.

So as soon as I build my dream house with my AWESOME terrace, I invite you to come to dinner with me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment