Wednesday, May 25, 2011

the little things

Its the little things that have made this journey worthwhile, that have turned ordinary into extraordinary, that have turned acquaintances into roomies into bffs.

The days I felt the happiest was when I took it all in, when I was out and about, when a song i liked came on my ipod as I was walking to or from a clase. like this one.. its me.



It was the time I stayed an extra half an hour with my tutee and his grandma being told stories about the turtle and the washroom, the time I was given a genuine hug, laughing my heart out over a silly saying, or dumb move Raquel and/or I made. It is about enjoying the little things, about appreciating everything, and not taking things too seriously. I mean we have to remember that its not always going to play out the way it has in our minds, its not always going to go our way, but that is what makes things interesting. If it was exactly how we wanted it to be, we still would find things to complain about, and there would be so much we would miss out on because we were planning it.

From here on out, I promise to just roll with it. I promise to enjoy and take in and remember all of the little things. Believe me a huggge a post is coming about the randomness that I have lived the past year and especially the past 5 months.

I LOVE life! I just love it! I love everyone that has come into my life and contributed in my development. I love those who have challenged me, who have made me a better person. Everyone has played a part in that, and I am so grateful! (obviously, I am a work in progress, but every day.. better and better)

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Jan marie...how in the world do I get my title image to be centered??!?!?! also i miss you

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE the picture that is with your blog title!!! I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete