Monday, May 30, 2011

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!

If I were in the states, I would be with my family. We would be celebrating the beginning of summer with the opening of the pool, hamburgers and food galore, drinks, fun, and laughter. Family get togethers are THE BEST I tell you, THE BEST.

My youngest sister just graduated this weekend, so aside from summer, we would have celebrated her graduation. I can not believe it. Just yesterday, I was in first grade being pulled out of the classroom during the Pledge of Allegiance by the librarian telling me that I had a phone call. A phone call for me? at school? what?! Well, it was my dad, announcing that my baby sister had been born! woop! I was on cloud nine. I still remember that dark library and being on the phone.. always will. But now she has gone from baby to high school grad. I couldn't be prouder of the person she has become. She is wise, mature, beautiful, kind, and although I am older, I often learn lots from her. She is amazing! Congrats, sis! I love YOU!



But I am not in the states and so I will not be celebrating with the fam except in Spirit.. you know I am there! Today is a holiday in Spain, although I never work on Mondays so for me its a regular day except everything is closed. I plan on getting out and about, seeing as I only have 2 more days here. Did I really just say that? Holy shit!

well, my whole story and then some will be up here soon, be patient with me some times my fingers just aren't in the mood. But I am remembering every silly moment, every grand adventure, I am soaking in every feeling, every smell, every emotion, and every sight. I am not sure if I am ready for this journey to end.. but their comes a time for everything, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment