Saturday, March 5, 2011

I'm Back

Okay, I get it... I am a total slacker when it comes to the blog sometimes. (thank you dad for calling me out on that one :))

So much has happened since my trip to Morrocco... Grand in some ways and boring in other ways. After Morrocco, it was life in Sevilla.. I went to the National Park with a friend from Barcelona, I had told him that I wanted to go and with him having moved here recently he had the desire (and the means=a car) to get there... So off we went.

It was interesting to me to see how excited some people get over animals that we see every day.. and I mean every day: a rabbit, deer, birds... but I suppose that when I finally get to Africa on my safari, the locals are going to say the same thing about me when I start ooohing and aaaahhhing over the lion and elephant that are withing reaching distance to me. Its all about what is familiar and unfamiliar to you. So that was nice, got some fresh air, into the country, and we had a beautiful, beautiful day.

and let me tell you it was soo good to ride in a car again. Shotgun, baby and some 80's tunes. He even let me be copilot and switch gears sometimes. I was living the life.

Jess came to Spain to visit me shortly after... I just sent her away this morning. Enough is enough. ha, I am kidding. I LOVED, can i repeat that LOVED having her here. It was like the old times and she was such a welcomed piece of America for me. I am going to miss her and the space she took up in my teeny bed.

We did so much while she was here. I showed her all around Sevilla, took her to the different neighborhoods, brought her to school, where everyone of course fell in love with her, we went to Madrid, the cathedral, the alcazar, a flamenco show, ate tapas, drank beer... the works and we had wonderful weather for all of it.

Tonight I am off to Cadiz.... more updates the past two weeks later... and pics. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment