Oh my goodness, this weekend was UHH-MAZING!!!
So first of all, I am lucky enough to have my sister with me here in Spain, but on top of that... she went with me to Ireland!! How cool is that?!
So Les got here last week. She did amazing getting herself in Madrid to the train station and down to Sevilla. I was going to surprise her at the train station but she beat me there and so I picked her up at the hotel. It was so surreal to see her in Spain. We rolled the suitcase down the cobblestone streets and up to the apt. The next couple of days we spent hanging out. She finished her papers, I still had tutoring, it was raining... but we were together and that is all that matters.
Thursday was the big day. I played hooky from school.. read, I told them what was going on and got permission... and we headed to the train station bright and early. Woop, happy St. Patrick's day world. We were lacking in green but the leprechauns didn't pinch.. thankfully. We entered the train station and met up with the group before quickly boarding the train. I, of course, having a severe case of PTN (Public Transportation Narcolepsy, a phrase coined by KB) fell asleep rather quickly and slept the whole way to Malaga. We got to the airport with plenty of time.. had a snack and Leslie had to run to catch her plane. She was to meet us at baggage claim in Dublin. The St. Patrick's day spirit was all around us. After having a second nap of the day on the plane, we landed in Dublin. The weather was chilly but not too bad but the sun was peeking through. I got my Ireland stamp on 3-17-2011. Woop!!! and then it was on.. on to meet up with the sis. We get to baggage claim.. searched the area, thought maybe she was in the bathroom, and me of course getting really worried. I have this weird thing where I am fine if it is just me, but if I have someone with me or someone I know traveling solo.. I freak out. I know Les is a big girl, but I freaked out. So point of this ramble.. she wasn't in baggage claim... WTH? After asking at the info where her flight would be coming in, we learned it was terminal 2.. we set off hoping to find her and that she would be waiting.. we of course were an hour late.
On our way over, I was mid freak-out and mid prayer... walking towards us, clearly in thought was Leslini. Thank Goodness
... And here, I leave you hanging for some more... its movie time.
I'M IN!
11 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment