Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Its raining.. a lot.

Thunder and lightning today, reminding me of home. I love thunderstorms and rain, but only when I get to snuggle up inside.. so today I am saying Rain, Rain, go away, come again some other day.. I have to walk all over Sevilla and back today for classes.

On the bright side, I only had one class at school today. :)) woop, I am off early today, giving me some time to get things organized.. oh who are we kidding.. I am going to be blog surfing. heee

I know you all are dyyyyyying to find out what else happened in Morrocco, so I will finally put an end to the anticipation madness you are feeling.

Saturday night ended with my final words being quote "I can not wait for breakfast"... and breakfast did not disappoint. After breakfast we had appointments at the local Hammam. Rachel, Brianna, and I opted for the bath and massage, the whole shebang. It. was. AWESOME. We got a scrubdown, making our bodies smooth as baby bottoms, followed with a mud mask. My skin never looked so good. And... drumroll please. I finally got a massage. My first one in my entire life. Saying I loved it might be the understatement of the year. Massage every day, please? Is that possible? :)

We took our freshly buffed skin out into the market for our final day of wandering... oh wait, we went to the palace next. The palace could have been a gorgeous site, and it was, but more than it being a wonder it was more of a shame, the lack of upkeep in the place. You may or may not have gotten this, but I love windows and doors... so I found some inspiration and we had a good time. We made awesome timing through the palace and in no time whatsoever, we were back meandering the confusing streets of the medina. I got some precious teacups to go with my teapot for my tea parties.. you remember right? and then I scored a scarf, postcards, and some tea. I think those were all of my purchases. Let me tell you something.. bargaining takes a toll on the body physically and mentally. I was happy to be through with that and back on my way towards set prices. We dined at the same restaurant as the first night, deciding it was our favorite. We met some awesome people from Columbia and ended up chatting with them through both of our meals.. the tables in this placeareprettyclose. :)

Photobucket

As we were walking back to the riad, we soaked up all of the ambiance as we could. Taking in one last time the activities of the square. The nut carts, the oj stands, the carnaval of people trying to get your attention to purchase their item. It is something that I wish I could explain to you through words but will never be able to. Your attention and your eyes are drawn to so many things, places, and people all at the same time. I tried to capture it all on my camera but I know I would never be able to. The next day we leisurely took our time getting to the airport and heading back to real life (I cant even say that with a straight face) in Sevilla.

Photobucket

how perfect is that moon?

No comments:

Post a Comment