.... ANYWHO, so today is rainy, cold, and blah but at the same time there is something so pleasant and romantic about it. I kind of love the rain. It always signifies that there is something to come, a change in the seasons. I love change. There is nothing more exciting than something new. That is probably one of the reasons I like to rearrange rooms so much.. it just gives a little something different to the ordinary.
So since it was raining, I needed to buy an umbrella.. something I have been avoiding for months. I am not exactly sure why, I mean c'mon, its an umbrella, 6 euro. But the truth is, I just kept putting it off.. I would tell myself I was going to buy it the next time it rained, every. single. time. So today, I did it! woop, I walked into the chino store and bought an umbrella. A Mary Poppins one, nonetheless. I love it. It is a strong umbrella that hopefully will not turn inside out on me as I walk down the Sevillano streets. (that is always embarrassing, happens to me all the time) Everything about it screams lift me into the air and take me to London. For some reason, I unfortunately don't anticipate this happening. sigh.
This brings me to my next point. The thing I may love the most about Spain is not the flamenco, the language, the food, or the people (all of which I love an immeasurable amount) it has to be the chino stores. I am not kidding you. The next time I walk by one, which will be tomorrow, I will take a picture. The chino stores have EVERYTHING you could ever want and imagine for a bargain. I mean everything. It is a giant store full of crap. Incredible. It is like the dollar store on crack. And each one is a little bit different from the next. The one I walked into today had tinsel, christmas trees, ornaments, boots, flip flops, any kitchen thing you could imagine, toys, batteries, shower curtains. and the highest price i saw was 15 euro.. but of course, I didn't check the price on everything. It is incredible, really.
Every time I am walking down the street, I think of nine million things I want to blog about and when it comes down to it, I can't remember. Today, I went to meet up with a friend for some Chinese food. My first chinese experience in Europe.. there wasn't any eating of cat or dog involved, I am sure... so as I was walking in the rain, with my Mary Poppins umbrella past the cathedral and horse drawn carriages, I noticed the birds. Now, you may or may not know my hatred of birds. I hate them, they scare me. I really don't like anything that can fly except for airplanes.. but I digress, I came to the realization that although I hate birds, there is something so urban about them and it makes me kind of like them. They looked like a painting today, swooping toward the horses with the gray cloudy backdrop.. I just really wanted to let you in on that scene. It was wonderful.. made me really appreciate the moment. The chestnuts (which I tried for the first time ever a month ago here in Spain and every time I think of them "Chestnuts roasting on an open fire" pops into my head) were smoking along the street, and I just took in the moment, thankful for everything that I am experiencing and all that I have been blessed to do, the people I have come to know, and the adventures I will continue to embark on.
So here is to life and seizing all that is set before us, jumping over the hurdles, and embracing it all. cheers.
oh and today, I was booed by second graders because they don't like English.. talk about an ego smasher. ha. I didn't think I was thaaat bad :)
third thing: There is a homeless man who has literally made a full bedroom on the street in a little alcove next to the bank. Every time I see him, I have to smile a little bit. he is just chillen on his bed with his dog, doing sodoku. He has a shelf with his things, a bed with blankets, a little table, his water, some dog food, and some trinkets for sale. Can you imagine having your bedroom in the middle of a busy street? talk about a lack of privacy... haha but living the life, i suppose.

No comments:
Post a Comment