Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Bells Are Ringing.

Seriously, I should never go weeks without writing and then try to catch up on everything I've wanted to let you all in on....

So anyways, yes, the homecoming was wonderful... it is a really great experience and if you ever have the chance to welcome these brave men and women home, you should seize the opportunity. It isn't something you will forget.

I spent a week in Italy. The food is amazing! Of course, no one is surprised that I would blog about the food.... I'm terrible. :) I just really enjoy it. Surprisingly, I didn't eat any pizza. With pizza being my favorite (because there is just so much you can do with it) you would have thought I would seize every opportunity to eat pizza... but no, I'm saving that for next time. Instead I had multiple pasta dishes, lasagna, Ostrich (yes, ostrich. I am really proud of that one) ravioli, tiramisu.. etc. You may not care, but when I look back on experiences, I remember food. Its really weird.

I love the Italian houses, streets, watching the people, randomly asking them for directions in Spanish and hoping they would understand me (they did for the most part... yessss!) Venice is gorgeous. I want to go back. Ever since I was a little girl, I always wanted to go to Venice. I thought that would be the place I would study abroad. I was in love with Italy. I just knew that I would fall in love with it.. and I did. Every street we wandered down, I wondered what it would be like to live in one of the upper apartments, how I would feel if I had the keys to a random door in the alley, jingling in my pocket. What if this was my life? I have this thing where I imagine myself living everywhere I travel. I just want to know what real life is like in every country, city, culture... Im pretty sure though that they just live life, like you or me. It is a great thought to have.

more again later.. im telling you I have a lot... but I have to run to class, so Ill leave you hanging once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment