Sunday, October 10, 2010

Jamón Chips are where its at.

I think the chips and chocolate here are laced with drugs.. because I can't get enough of them. seriously. its a very good thing I walk so much.

So second day of school was just as great. Not as wonderful as the first but pretty darn good. I like when the older ones ask questions. The third grade was fun. I helped them grade their workbooks and try to answer questions. They know that I can understand spanish but I answer them in English. they are like nooo, we dont understand!! ha, thats the point. So they are cute and its going to be a good year. Its different because I am helping with Science. They have a bilingual program and are trying to teach the science lessons in both english and spanish.. but I dont really know how to help with that other than correcting the pronunciation. There really aren't too many songs about landscapes and digestion... so I'm on the hunt for some kind of game, activity, or song.. :)

This weekend has been fun. My roommate met a girl in the consulate in San Fran who goes to school here. Her first language is spanish, but she grew up in the US and so she can speak both languages perfectly.. boo... but she is seriously the sweetest, most fun girl. Anywho, we have been hanging out with her a ton. We are professional people watchers. That is one of my favorite things in the whole world. I don't understand why in the states we don't have cafes like they do here where you can sit for hours and eat and drink and people watch. THE BEST!

So I have just been milling about the city, taking it all in, eating the food, drinking the wine, meeting the people. I came to the realization yesterday that THIS IS MY LIFE! I am so blessed to be doing this right now. I really am trying to take it all in and savor every moment of my time in Europe.

I am still getting comfortable with using my spanish. I dont know why but when I am in big groups, I tend to get really shy and so I wont say anything. However, if I am one on one with someone I can do it. And I like it when that person cant speak English at all so I dont revert to using English or feel like I am being judged. Its annoying that I feel that way, but if someone else can speak both languages, I start to doubt my abilities and to notice all of the mistakes I am making.. but I cant learn without making mistakes. So, I just have to go for it.

That is what I am doing.. going for it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment