So first day of school. I FREAKING LOVE IT!!! :)
Got to school and immediately twisted my ankle and stubbed my toe a million ways when I walked in the gate.. but no deterrence there, I was about to have the best day. I just laughed at my clumsiness and vowed to pay better attention (you can guess how that worked out for me the rest of the day) I realized that I forgot my schedule as well, so i was like ahh where am I going! but i made it!
Science classes today. I went first to 4th grade where I hung out in the back with my pals Carlos and Mario. I didn't do much in there, just kind of helped with some pronunciation. They had some trouble with meteorologist, satellite, climate, and Mediterranean. Climate giving them the most trouble. think cleeemaht. anywho, next week its geography. Im attempting to find things to sing about because songs always help facilitate learning. Not that anyone wants to hear me sing, unless its along to the radio in the car in which case, there is no way you are getting me to be quiet. Sorry. Its my thing.
The other class I went to was 6th grade. Science again. Today was English test day on zygotes. The kids were having quite a bit of trouble.. poor things. I got to help answer a question and explain a word. I did my best to use the easiest definition, when of course the long a one popped into my head first but i didn't think those words would register the way I wanted them to. I'm thinking on it. :) Then we had question and answer. At first the kids were a tiny bit shy... by the end there were questions out the wahzoo. What is your favorite food? Favorite sport? what do you like to do? How old are you? haha this one got them. I told them 23 and they were like WOAH. haha, thats a first. Do I watch television? what is my favorite show? They have heard of Glee here! woop. I need to find it in Spanish. Awesome practice. The only things I have been watching here (I promise I dont watch a lot of tv, but it is good listening practice) are spanish soap operas and the disney channel. Yes, they watch Hannah Montana. It was a good day. I am so looking forward to this year and every week getting to know the kids that much better and helping them the way I hope I can. :) It is rather fulfilling.
The chocolate cream is just as delicious as we thought it would be. I am consuming a healthy amount of it every day :) Luckily, I walk enough that it shouldn't be a problem. I'll try and keep an eye on things.
Tomorrow is another day at school! yay! then its the weekend. Beach? maybe? hopefully.

Jan:
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear that you enjoy the students and teaching! What a wonderful endeavor! Stay safe and have fun! We love and miss you!
Sherri
Hey Jan, I love reading your blog! So envious/happy for you for your adventures! Love you! Aunt Carlee
ReplyDeletePS what email address are you using now? Can you send me a note? TX!