Anywho, its monday and I don't have classes today.. so what do I do with myself when I'm not traveling? Considering the only thing I could do yesterday was dream of food, I am heading to the mercado and hopefully will be able to whip up something delicious this evening for la cena.
This weekend was really fun :) where did I leave off in the last post.. it was friday and I was napping.. thats right. My friends and I did the usual, tapas and drinks. mmm i love tapas. they are just so good and you can get such a variety. Half the time, I haven't a clue what I am ordering so hence why I end up with fish eyeballs.. don't worry, I'm getting better about that. Katy, my friend from the consulate, who studied here before has friends here so we met up with them and went out. It was good for me to practice my spanish.. I am getting less shy about it! wooot
Saturday was the best though. Hung out for the day, watched some spanish tv, walked the city, ate some pizza, showered, and left for a Spanish bbq! One of Katy's friends somehow is associated with the study abroad program here and so he hosted a bbq at his house for some of the students he goes to school with and then we were invited as well. So we wind our way through the crazy streets of Sevilla ending up where we need to. We walk into his house and straight up the steepest set of stairs ever all the way up to the rooftop terrace.. (oh my gosh, Can I have one please?) the stairs were lined with little tea candles, there were streamers, people, food, fun. It was the perfect atmosphere. If I could bottle it up and take it with me everywhere I would. When you think festive, you think this. So the food was delicious. Chicken Kabobs, ham/pork chop things, sausage, chips, beer, sangria, wine, etc. Mmmm. so good! He did a great job of organizing people to meet up as well. He set up a mini game of beerpong, I had to laugh, and partnered all of us up so we had to meet new people and then we had a tournament. My beerpong skills are no longer up to par (sorry OSU, I failed you) but I was paired up with a girl from Sweden. She was a nut. Met a girl from Cincy who went to the school on the other side of town.. small world right? it was fun. I got to practice my spanish A TON :) insert huge smiley. So then we went dancing.. I just want to dance. well, I have been wanting to the past few nights, so we made it happen. Good times.
It rained here yesterday. It was nice feeling the breeze and hearing the rain pitter pattering as it fell into the parking lot below. but today, its back to sunny and I am off to the market! :)
besiiitos

No comments:
Post a Comment