So, it all worked out! YES!!!! :) :) of course you all knew it would.. and so did I deep down. okay, not so deep, it is pretty surface level. Sometimes you will have that.
So you know how in my last post I said I had a lead... well it worked!! I called the owner today and no answer. I called the school and no answer. Okay, so I got online. lots of good that will do right? well I got some pep talks, thanks guys! :) so I call the school again. ANSWER!! yes. I sounded like a doofus on the phone but that is ok. So I asked where the school is and that I tried to find it yesterday and couldn't. She told me to go to the same place i was and look for red and big green. That is what i got out of her and there wasn't a marker on the school. Okay next up, call the owner of the flat back. He beats me to it and calls me.. You called me? Yes, I want your flat. I want to move in tonight. Okay. :) so that is that. I have a place to live with a spanish couple and an American girl doing my program. She is sweet. They all are sweet. The place is big. It has an antique feel to it.. but I think I am really going to like it here. It feels good and the area feels safe and there is a park nearby which we all know I love to sit in parks and people watch and make shapes out of the clouds. so its good. I have a place to live.
So I head out to the school, determined to find it. Lo and behold I hear children's voices on the playground and as soon as I get to the dead end I see part of the school name on the building. I am like omg I am such an idiot. So then I walk around and ask the guard if this is xxx and he says the school? or the street? I'm like no, no the school. He says yes and is weary of me.. so I explain that I am the english teacher for the year.. he's like i don't know? So i respond, well I am. I'm coming Friday, I just wanted to find out where it was. He looked at me like I had 7 eyes. Haha. So I guess when I get there on Friday, I will have the letter from the consulate with me so he doesn't think I am a freak.
So then I head back to the hostel. When I get there I run into my friend from two nights before who is from Prague. He is getting ready to get food and I am starving so I tag along. We walk for a while before settling on a place. So we order what we think is a shrimp thing. When it comes out, it looks pretty good. Its fried and what fried food isn't good? Well as I start eating it, I realize something....... its not shrimp, or if it is, it still has its tentacles and eyeballs. They are tiny; regardless, today for lunch I ate fried shrimp eyeballs. It was hard getting it down but I had no choice. It was do or die.
So today equals way better day than yesterday!! :) Thanks for the prayers, calls, chats, and all of the support and the pictures! I love you all so so much!

Hey Jan - I finally had some time to read your blog. It sounds like you are having an awesome time. Enjoy every moment. Take everything in while you can. And thanks for sharing your adventures with us. It is a rainy, windy day here in NYC. Stay well. Love, Bill - PS I am trying to post this comment for the second time. I am not blog literate!!!
ReplyDeletePOSTED!!! :) I am so glad you are able to "come" along with me via my blog! Every day I am loving things more and more! :) I hope all is well back in NYC and when I get back, I want an NYC trip round two!
ReplyDelete