Sunday, August 29, 2010

2 firsts in 1 night




If you know me at all... you know I absolutely LOVE surprises, but that i'm not good about waiting for them. ha


So my friday night plans changed nine million times, of course I have to be a pain in the ass. I'm good at it. :) so anyhow, one of my best friends had been trying to get me to hang with him on friday night and I kept changing the plans... going to grandmas, ok i can hang, no im going to a reds game, nevermind we can hang.. i'm pretty sure I almost ruined our friendship. So anyhow, thursday night I commit to hanging out with him. So i'm thinking the usual: hangout, get some pizza or chinese and just chill. about noon friday i get a text that he is taking me to Montogomery Inn for as his going away gift to me. They are known for their ribs and are a MAJOR part of the culture here in the 'nati. So I'm pumped. I have never been and have lived here for 7 years more or less and so it was necessary before I begin my trip abroad to take part in this phenomenon. So we go to the boathouse and have dinn
er. its awesome. the ribs are awesome. a perfect going away dinner for a girl from cincinnati.

seriously I ate so much and i was so happy.

So then he had suggested hanging out at my house. Allison and his girlfriend were going to meet up with us.. but I really didn't want to go home so I was like why don't we hang at your place, its right in the middle for Allison she wont have to drive as far and it will just be easier. He's like playing into it with me but is just like call Allison and see what she wants to do. So I do. My House or Phils? she is like well i know where your house is so lets hang out there. And Im like well his place is right in the middle it will be way easier for you.. blah blah blah. She is like no. I think it will be better at your house, then i can spend the night.. whatever. So I give in.

we pull into my street and there are cars everywhere.. I'm like OHH the neighbors must be having a party. Then I see Lynzi and Danielle's cars in the driveway and smell bonfire... and im like ohh les must have her friends over sweet we can all bonfire. ha. i think its perfect. So then I walk inside.... I was SHOCKED!! :) I had no idea until I saw the decorations hanging from the ceiling and my friends popped out... then I realized what was going on. Sometimes I just have no clue. ha but anyhwo I've never had a surprise party before! It was awesome! My friends came from all over to celebrate with me! It was so wonderful and I am so lucky to have such great people as friends! So thanks guys! :)


The party was "fiesta" themed.. So there were margaritas, taquitos, quesadillas, a piñata, colors everywhere, colored twinkle lights. They did a really great job. Seriously, they got me. I had no clue and it was so fun.

Now its time to get this show on the road. The hostel is booked, the laundry is being done... soon my bag will be packed and I will be on my way! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment