Friday, August 27, 2010

19 and counting.. but not kids

Its been an interesting week... to say the least.

Today began the teens of my countdown to spain. I am really starting to feel the pressure! I am so so very excited. I can not even begin to explain what an adventure and great growing experience this will be for me... but at the same time I can not deny that I am scared to death! I was looking at hostels and am about to book one for when I fianlly get to Sevilla... and it all just hit me. I really am moving to a foreign country for 10 months by myself! ahhh, but really it is the coolest thing ever! I just want to be there.. to stop thinking about it and to just do it. The anticipation is killing me. I hope I make some friends right away; otherwise I will be one lonely, friend-less, english speaking girl.

Allison and I are going to look for a backpack to potentially invest in. My lone suitcase is still sitting empty on my floor. I am trying to decide which is a better option for me... since I am doing pre-travelling with all of my stuff and I only have a 20kg limit. Roughly 50lbs. Soo, im not sure how I want to do that. I am flying the cheap-o planes .... and if my luggage gets lost, I am in super trouble... but ill cross that bridge if I ever come to it. Hopefully that won't happen.

I also need a converter (i hear they are expensive to buy in Spain) and an alarm clock so that I am not super late my first day. I'll at least hold up the American reputation of being timely for the first day or so. Hmm... still trying to decide what is important to bring from home and what I can just go ahead and get over there.... im sure if I would start packing these things would come more easily to me.

And if you were wondering... they have disposable ONEderwear. ha, clever.

No comments:

Post a Comment