Friday, May 28, 2010

Memorial Day

Nada about Spain in this post. Waiting on the city still....



It is Memorial day weekend. :) The onset of summer. A time for white pants, swimsuits, jean cutoffs, tanks, sandals, popsicles, and fun. My favorite time of the year... backyard bbqs, American flags, family, and fun.



credit

This year, I will be spending the weekend at work... with my fellow coworkers. I knew there was a reason I loved quarters ( you know... so i wouldnt be able to work, because I still had school)


Anyhow, I recently read a forward email about a veteran and it made me think of my bf who is overseas. Thus, inspiring me to write a post about their service and the fact that we need to remember and celebrate the many sacrifices made so that we can have our freedom, safety, and security in the homeland. We so often forget that life is about living, taking opportunities, loving, and enjoying our experiences. We only get so much time and who wants to come to the end and think "I didn't do enough living and appreciating". These men and women are so brave to volunteer their lives and give up time with their families and loved ones for you and me. Without them, our lives would be completely different, and I don't ever want to know what that would be like. It never ceases to amaze me, the attitude I see and hear when talking to those in the military. The pride, the optimism, the ambition, and dedication they have is incredible and so admirable. So, on this memorial day, remember and be thankful for the men and women who serve our country and sacrificed their lives. Keep those who are currently serving in your prayers and enjoy the freedom you have (and the day off, in most cases) because of these soldiers.

No comments:

Post a Comment