Sunday, April 4, 2010

Fresh as Produce

Happy Easter!!

Today was seriously an absolutely gorgeous day! The sun was shining, the breeze was blowing, and the temperature was perfect. Not too hot and not too cold... My absolute favorite. We had brunch at my Aunt and Uncle's and we were able to hang out and catch up with the cousins. Then we headed over to our Mom's and I spent as much of the day on the patio and the deck as I was able to. Lovely!

So, I received my first dose of reality today, and I realized once again that I am no longer in college and now I am old. This morning, I faced the bitter reality that I am not current on my slang.. both of my sisters knew a slang phrase, of which I was totally ignorant. Word on the street is that it is not a bad thing for someone to say something is fresh... And its actually used in conversation. Example: to say you are looking good (like a guy to a girl) one could say... Damn girl, you are looking fresh. And supposedly that means, wow you look really great right now. Or when something is really cool, one could say "eyy thats fresh, fresh as produce." according to Tiffany.

So its really true, you learn something new every day. Not that this is something that will be added to my vocabulary (only as a joke) but I at least would like to stay in touch with the current lingo... so add this one to your book of knowledge.



No comments:

Post a Comment