Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I know, I know

So its been a while since I have posted... Not that things have been really exciting or anything. I am trying out the relaxing life for a bit. However, it is not going as well as I had hoped. I am bored. I have come to the conclusion, that I need a hobby during this downtime. So I am teaching myself how to knit. I am have completed step 1. Buy supplies. and am getting ready to move on to step 2. youtube it. We will see how this goes. The lady at Michael's said she started out by knitting scarves... so I suppose I will start with that and then move on to bigger and better things.

And.... I took a week off running :( not good. This wasn't because I was getting lazy but my foot has been killing me. So I now I am trying to get back into it. Ran today. Not a great run, but at least it was a run right?

I went house hunting with Phil on Friday. It was nice to hang out with him. We were creeping on the foreclosed homes and he was teaching me all that he has learned since considering the purchase of a property. It was funny because the first house was completely abandoned and then the next few houses we looked at were still full of their furniture and some had people still there... so maybe it was not the right list of properties that we came across? Creepy. It was kind of sad too.. the fact that these people couldn't pay their bills due to whatever circumstances so they have to give up their houses. Just proves to me the importance of saving and spending within my means. It is so easy to lose track of how much money you are spending and think everything is fine until it just hits you in the face like a ton of bricks... I have already began thinking about building a budget and what not... oh the joys.

I started making my bucket list.. I have some pretty good things on their so far. And I know that I will be able to cross some of them off the list within a year.
Here are just a few:
  1. Fly a plane
  2. Skydive
  3. Sing Karaoke
  4. Smile everyday

So far I have 2o things down, but I know this list will keep growing. As I was falling asleep last night, I was thinking of things to add.. but now I have forgotten them. What a shame. It is cool to actually write them down and have a concrete list staring you in the face, saying, complete me! So now that I have actually put it into words, I have absolutely zero excuse not to begin crossing them off one at a time. If I want to do them, why shouldn't I? (or you, so make your own!)

No comments:

Post a Comment