Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Pancakes.

Photobucket

Well Hello there... :)

I may or may not have told you this, but pancakes have been on the forefront of my mind for about two months now and I finally braved my way into attempting to make them from scratch. I wish I could tell you that I succeeded.. but that would be a lie.. and I don't lie.

You wouldn't think it would be that difficult, and neither did I.. but for bisquick to get those suckers to such a wonderful consistency.. that takes talent. So I attempted with flour, sugar, an egg, milk, cinnamon, and a little bit of water to get the batter to the right consistency. Attempt number one: too much oil in the pan. Attempt number two: tastes good, but has a playdough like rubbery consistency. Attempt three: add more water, unable to flip. Attempt four: still has that rubbery consistency. I realize there is no way, I am getting my pancakes and cry out for help. I get a suggestion to add baking powder, we dont have any of that.. so baking soda? Add it. Attempt number five: wayyy too salty. We give up and pour the batter down the drain. :((

My desire for pancakes will just have to wait... instead I leave you with some silly pictures.

4 comments:

  1. ditto... sorry I disappeared from the world..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been thinking of you... you sound upbeat, so glad! love you lots!!
    Aunt Carlee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, you're blog looks awesome..you're gonna have to give me some tips next time we skype..which should be ASAP! love you girl and miss you tons

    ReplyDelete