Way to go, Jan! Ha.
So tomorrow morning, bright and early, I will catch the bus to the airport and begin my journey home.. home to see my family and friends whom I have not seen in more than 3 months. A long time if you ask me. I am super stoked. yes, that is right, STOKED. in caps.
This past weekend/week was great. I met a good friend from high school in Amsterdam. It worked out that she was going to be there after a trip to Africa and I just so happen to be in Europe, so we decided to check it out.
It was amazing. Aside from a few travel woes (what trip of mine wouldn't encounter that?) everything was wonderful. We were able to catch up, tour the Anne Frank house, have some Christmas cheer, in the form of snow, visit the Van gogh museum, and see the red light district. Wow. It was just mind boggling. I just don't understand it, never will, nor really want to. I just don't understand either side of it... anyway, it is what it is, I guess.
The buildings in Amsterdam, as well as every other part of Europe are incredibly amazing. I love them and want to live in a replica of a European house and city. A girl can dream, right?
It was a short trip, which was perfect. I would never need more than two days there.
So I got back to Sevilla and slept allllll day. Sleeping in airports is really not possible, if you can avoid it.. NEVER have an overnight layover, its worth the extra money. Promise.
This week was pointless at school but absolutely fantastic, hysterical, and amazing. A lot of partying. The sixth graders are my favorite. Today they were having a party and invited me along with the other teachers to come along.. they had food, drink, dancing. We hung out. I was invited to dance by a boy... Geoff better watch out. this boy led me around the room ballroom style. Someone took a pic, I need to snag a copy of that. And then for the rest of the afternoon, I chit chatted with a few of the girls.. they were asking me questions about my life and telling me about theirs.. it was really fun. I made some friends at school :))
the rest of the day was spent tying up loose ends, cleaning, and here I am.
I've got my bags packed and I am raring to go. Bring on the US.

No comments:
Post a Comment