Tuesday, June 22, 2010

To where am I going?????

With all the hours I have been logging at work, a lot has been on my mind attempting to pass the time. I have a lot of time to think and daydream, while working diligently... of course. But anyhow, as I was perusing the Andalucía forum online, I began to see that some people were getting their letters.. of which I have been praying non stop for.

You see, I bought my plane ticket already, which means I NEED my visa by that point and without this letter there isn't any hope for the visa. So of course, I text Tiff to find out if she can check the mail.. just my luck, not around the house. So after getting home from work, I ran to the mailbox. 3 letters into the stack is a weird envelope with España and Andalucía on it. I ripped that sucker open...........(moments before tackling Tiff and screaming for the neighborhood to hear (sometimes I get really, really excited))

A couple of weeks ago, I emailed the consulate in Andalucía to request a city... and little did I know, they received and granted my request! I had never heard back, so I thought it was a lost cause, but fortunately for me.. it worked out..... so DRUMROLLL PLEASE...........Seville!!!!!!!

This city is amazing, so I hear. It is the largest in the Andalucían region and supposedly is gorgeous, has amazing cultural and social things to do.. so I am really looking forward to it. I will be teaching at an elementary school, but exactly which age group or a combo of them, I am not sure. I will work 12 hours a week, which leaves plenty of time for exploring, traveling, and adventuring. :)

Aside from the crazy nerves about that first day, I am STOKED (yep, I used the word stoked) about this adventure I am about to embark upon. I mean really, I have never done anything like this at all... I barely do anything on my own and I am about to travel across the Atlantic and place myself in a completely new country, language, and culture. It is going to be amazing.. such a great experience and I am about to learn so much about myself and gain so many experiences applicable for the rest of my life and the means to achieve my dreams on my own.

I am so anxious to make friends when I get there, both American and Spanish. From the experiences I had in Argentina, it really wasn't hard to make friends. I can be shy at times, but when I don't have a choice and it comes down to friends or no friends, I will go ahead and put myself out there to be social and outgoing. Why don't I apply that everywhere in my life? Just do it. My motto from here on out.. okay, I will refrain from using that motto in all circumstances.. don't worry you all.. I will be responsible and safe!

and so now, I just have to wait for my appointment and get all of the documents to accompany the visa application in order. Seriously, I feel like a chicken with my head cut off. There are so many hoops to jump through and so many people to get to verify documents, I am having a hard time keeping it all straight. But... that golden ticket at the end just keeps pushing me forward.... :) Seriously, the biggest cheese face ever!

Click here to read the Wikipedia page on Seville!

No comments:

Post a Comment