Monday, March 8, 2010

weekend recap:

This weekend was wonderful! Friday night, my boss threw a work party for my and Katelin's graduation. We all went to bW3's and had some apps and beer. Well, I am now the world's biggest lightweight so a few beers was the end of me. Katelin, Patrick, and I stayed for 3 extra hours just talking. It was so nice to get to know them on a deeper level and to really connect. It's rare to find people with whom you can have real conversations. It was definitely refreshing.

Saturday was absolutely gorgeous. The sun was shining (I like this trend) it took a while for me to get my day started haha but I had an amazing skype call, then spent a lovely afternoon at the coffee shop with Meg-a-lish, who I definitely don't get to see as often as I would like. It was a very productive day.

Then my roommates and I gallery hopped. Unfortunately, we don't have any photos. Margaret and I slacked at keeping our camera's charged.

So as we are walking home, just chatting away... we hear this loud thud and crunch, like a crash. So we turn around and this guy is standing in the middle of the road kind of looking around... and the woman he was with was lying on the ground!! She had been hit by a car! It was so crazy. I can not even imagine how the driver felt in that moment. I mean myself, as a bystander, felt horrible. Luckily though, the woman was okay. The ambulance came and she had walked to the side of the street. I'm not exactly sure though, why they were in the middle of the road?

Sunday, another gorgeous day. Margaret and I ran our 5 miles!! eek. I think we have crossed over from amateur runners to the real deal? well this was definitely by far the longest I have ever run. I am proud of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment