Thursday, December 10, 2009

La primera

welll hello,

This is my first attempt at anything remotely creative, so its going to be a bit of a rollercoaster until I get my bearings straight and my creative juices flowing.

The main point of this blog is to document my journey towards teaching in Spain... I wanted to get a head start though, as I am starting fresh January 1st and living a life of all around personal wellness. I decided I want to live life to the fullest, we all only get one shot at life and I don't want to just go through the motions, I want it to be about really living and trying new things. I am so excited to begin this journey. Luckily for me, I have the help and companionship of my housemates who also are going for all around personal wellness. Its get fit or die 1.3.5 style. We are ready for it!

As of now, some background on my spanish dream. I first started learning spanish when I was a little girl.. some friends of the family taught spanish lessons once a week and we would learn really basic vocabulary, but its stuck with me all this time. Once I got to highschool, I started taking spanish classes and fell in love with it. As I began college, I knew that I needed to keep up with Spanish but I never dreamed it would bring me to where I am today. What started as a minor turned into study abroad in one of the most amazing countries in the world. I absolutely fell in love with living abroad and the spanish culture... which brings me to today. I have decided to teach English in Spain... why Spain? why not another South American country? or back to Argentina? Welll... I thought about all of those, but I figured since I have not yet been to Europe, I would go to the root of all Spanish and teach it in Spain. Now, I eat, sleep, and think Spain. The application for teaching came up on the web last week and I made sure to get it filled out immediately. Its a first come first serve basis, so I hope my quickness pays off. I won't find out until May however, so it is going to be a long wait. Each step of the way I will update.

No comments:

Post a Comment